CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 21, 2008

Transformation Almost Complete

Mark has adjusted to Texas rather well and quickly I might add too. I asked him this morning while we were at the breakfast table, "Did you ever in your wildest dreams think when we met in Alabama that you'd be living in Texas, driving a truck and wearing boots?" and his immediate response was, "nope."

My grandmother, who is one of the most gracious people I have ever met decided that the boys in our family could use some new boots and those who did not have boots would get them for the first time. So when my parents were here a few weeks ago we all went to Cavender's and told the people at the front door that we needed to have Mark fitted for his "first" pair of boots and that he was from PA. I told them there was no need to announce those details over the loud speaker. So Mark picked out, very fitting to gator country where we now live, his first pair of boots made out of alligator. Pretty sure, they're real skin, so don't be offended. Gators are a plenty in Southeast Texas. Thank you Beegee, he loves them.

And since my husband has been so good to "unman" himself and drive a mini-van for the past two years, I decided it was time he should step up. I had met with someone at a local dealership that I had done some work for recently at Manning's and he gave me an excellent deal on the truck. I had totally wanted to surprise Mark with it but got nervous at the last minute so took him over last night to take a peak. the kids and us took it for a spin and it was an immediate hit. Hard to step back into the mini-van after that experience. So the truck was bought today and Mark is loving it!

He says the transformation is almost complete, he'd like a belt buckle and a hat too. Oh my goodness, this is getting scary. Baby you look good in boots and driving your new F-150.

3 comments:

laura said...

where is the truck? i just looked outside...

Shelly Rao said...

Kim, there is a big sale at Cavender's the day after Thanksgiving from 8am to 11am - it would be a good time to get Mark that hat & belt buckle! :)

Carol said...

oh my goodness...