CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Ella Clare



Ella and I took a little trip to Lowe's today and on the way she said, "Momma, do you know what a vegetarian is?" and I said, "what?" and she said very proudly from the back seat, "it means you can't eat candy." She's a genius, I know! But seriously, she is becoming a reading maniac. I intentionally did not work with her on reading too much last summer because she is so smart. I did not want her to be bored this year in kindergarten since she was already an older student, having missed the cut off last year by less than 20 days. So about two weeks ago I could see she was catching on very quickly and now she reads all the time. Everynight we read at least 10 books and she does all the reading with very little help. I cannot believe how fast she is growing up and she reminds me so much of Max when it comes to school. She got her hair cut this week just like she requested. She's been telling me for weeks, "I want it cut right below my ear, Momma" so I obliged and knew as soon as Jennifer was done that it was very short but it was adorable. Later that night she said to me as I was putting her to sleep, "Momma, I have a secret to tell you. I do not like my hair cut." So I explained every girl has to get used to a new hair cut when it's shorter and now after a few days and a few new hair bows she's really liking it. Hard to mess up perfection with my little Ella Clare! She also lost another tooth last night, bringing her grand total to 6.

1 comments:

NBH said...

Hi Kim- I just read this. She is soooo sweet! Your family is just beautiful.