CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Cancer Sucks

It seems like when I was younger I heard about cancer every now and then. Maybe someone you knew, knew someone suffering with a horrible form but now it seems like cancer is everywhere and affects the least likely people at the youngest of ages. This week someone I went to high school with passed away at the young age of 31. Only married 4 years and full of life. She fought for 10 hard months but lost the battle. We ran in similar circles and played on the tennis team together but did not know each other that well. I've kept up with her journal for the last few months and was so impressed with her bravery and strength. Please pray for her family as they remember her tomorrow at her funeral and pray for strength and courage to get through the coming days. Her name was Megan.

I also received an email from my mother in law this morning that my sister in law's mother was going in for a cat scan today for a mass that was found on one of her lungs. The scan may not be that clear because the dye burst one of her veins today, very painful I was told, and they're not yet sure if they'll get a clear enough image to give them a diagnosis. Prayers that the scan is clear enough to read and that the news is positive would be greatly appreciated.

As Megan said several times, "Cancer Sucks." May you rest peacefully on this new journey.

1 comments:

Carol said...

Oh Kim, I'm so sorry. Thanks for asking for prayers.