CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 20, 2010

Summer is almost over

Well, I had every intention of being on here more this summer since I knew I would not be working. Who would have thought that I would feel less tired when I WAS actually working a full time job. Staying home with the kids this summer has been exhausting. Don't get me wrong, I have loved being with them and we've been able to do a lot of fun things together BUT I am still more than ready for them to start school on Monday.

We are adapting to our new surroundings very well. We worshipped for the first time last Sunday at our new church and all felt very, very welcomed. We had been greatly anticipating the contemporary worship service and it did not disappoint. There is just something about music that stirs the soul and hearing everyone in the congregation lift their praises to the Lord was truly magnificent. The kids are loving the youth activities. Both Max and Ben went to Adventure Landing this week and had a blast. Max called me while he was there to tell me he was kicked out of the go-carts for "accidentally" bumping into someone when they pulled into the lanes to get out. Great, right? Well everyone thought it was funny so I guess he's not off to too bad of a start. Ben is loving being in middle school. The last two years it was becoming increasingly more difficult to get him to participate in Sunday school and events at church because he just felt like there were too babyish for him. That age is hard so we're thankful he's now technically old enough to do the big kid stuff!

School starts on Monday and our 4 kids will be on 3 different campuses. I love how Prosper schools are set up. Kindergarten through 4th grade is one school, 5th and 6th in one school, 7th and 8th in one school and then 9th-12th in one school. The facilities here are amazing. So far we've been to Max and Ben's school and we've got their lockers all set up for the first day of school. We took a little trip to The Container Store, heavenly I might add, and got some goodies for them to organize their new space. We all had fun setting it up! Tonight I go with Mark Thomas and Ella to meet their new teachers and see their class rooms.

Our house is still on the market and we are praying that God would provide a buyer by the end of September at 90% of the asking price. We know that God will put his own stamp on our requests and we're anxious to see His hands at work. He is faithful to provide for us always and we know that the sale of our house will happen in His time. For now we're incredibly grateful that my parents have allowed us to infiltrate their space and we're enjoying being with them. You might want to check in with them to see if they're still enjoying us.

0 comments: