CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 14, 2008

Healing Hand

We were awaiting word anxiously yesterday to hear that Allan had boarded the plane and would be on his way to us here in Texas. An hour before his plane was to depart we spoke to Jamil who said, "Aunt, can I talk to you?" and I knew at that point what he would say would not be what I wanted to hear. Allan is still sick from the malaria and Jamil said that he was not telling him about it because he was afraid he would not be allowed to fly. He was right. So after speaking with the doctor who assured me he needed another dose of medication and would then be alright to fly later in the week, we got off the phone exhausted. But not before I had an opportunity to speak with Allan. Just hearing his voice was enough to keep me going. He said he wanted to be with me and that he wanted to "see Uncle and the boys so much". He was of course crying which brought me to tears. As a mother, I just want him to be here where we can take care of him.

The money we've sent so far for his care is quickly adding up. Some of it has been graciously donated by a church member but the rest has not and we're trusting that God will simply provide. The exchange rate is astronomical and the things needed for his care I know would not be as much over here; so we simply want him to be well enough to fly, come to be with us and then have our doctor provide additional care.

Will you please join with us in prayer that our almighty Father, who we know is in complete control, would grant health to Allan and allow him to fly to be with us this Friday so that we can pick him up on Saturday. He told Jamil that he was feeling better today and wanted "hamburgers". I asked if they had hamburgers over there and he said, "no auntie, he misses them from when he was in America." You can be sure that we'll have a huge plate of hamburgers waiting for him once he gets to Texas!

0 comments: