CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Positive News

I awoke this morning at 5:00 a.m. to call Jamil. He let us know that he had received the signed papers from the doctor releasing Allan to fly. Those papers however do not allow Allan to leave Uganda until Friday evening. I had not scheduled his flight yet, we're finally learning to wait so that we don't continue to pay rescheduling fees, so it was positive news. We had prayed that the doctor would allow him to leave tonight but we'll settle for Friday. All the paperwork is in hand, Allan is healthy and Jamil knows it's very important that he get on that plane this Friday. Uganda is 9 hours ahead of us, so this Friday at Noon, they should be at the airport and at 1:55 p.m. our time, he should be leaving Uganda to head to Amsterdam.

When I spoke to Jamil yesterday he said that Allan was out playing soccer with his friends. I told him that I'd prefer he rest, kind of joking but at the same time not. Well, this morning, I reminded him again to tell Allan to rest for his big trip and he said, "Auntie, when I told Allan yesterday that his Aunt Kim wanted him to stop playing soccer and rest, he walked right off the grass and went into his room and laid down." Finally, maybe someone will listen to me.

The boy's bedroom and bathroom is coming along. It's completely sheetrocked now and they're almost done floating it. We've had a lot of rain the past two days so the mud is not drying as fast as we'd like. They're installing the crown moulding as I type and the ceiling is completely textured. It looks simply awesome! Max and I have done a little more shopping for it and I asked him the other day, if he wanted to help me put it all together, or if he wanted to go away for a couple of hours and come back to a surprise completion and he got so excited and said, "Yes, I want to go away for a little bit and come back and have it done." We'll be sure to take photos of that! Wait until you see this new teenage space!



Joey and Mark our fabulous contractors. Give us a call.
We'd give them great references!



0 comments: