CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Day Two

My hopes for a less eventful post were really quite close to being a reality. I got everyone up and ready for school and we were doing great! A wonderful friend from church, Lynn, showed up at the store yesterday and kept Mark Thomas preoccupied while I finished some important printing for a store event later in the month. She was an absolute angel and even took MT to get some lunch when I had a bride and her mother come in without an appointment to order some invitations. Then Lynn said, "let me just go get the other two from school and then bring them back to you at home." Could not have asked for a sweeter friend at the moment.

She then called last night and asked if she could pick up the three younger ones from school and take them to her house. Max has been getting a ride from another mom since he's at a different school. So Lynn got the other three today and I actually had enough time to sit down and pay a few bills online and chat with Max before she brought them home. Lynn and her husband have raised three sons of their own and she's been a wonderful source of encouragement for me and I frequently lean on her for advice when I just feel like I'm at the end of my rope with the children. She's the best.

So Lynn brought them home and we left about 15 minutes later to take the Bens to basketball practice again. I was pulling out of the driveway with my Ben on the way to get the other Ben and I hit a trash can at the end of our driveway. It's just a large, plastic city trash can but it hit my rear window on the suburban just right and I instantly heard it shatter. I just felt the tears welling up within my eyes but didn't want to lose it in front of Ben because I'd done that yesterday with the stitches.

I called my Dad in tears and he did what he always does, just listens and then solves my problems for me. I love you so much Dad. He told me who to call and what questions to ask.

I found someone to fix it for far less than my deductible; which I about died when I heard how much that was when I called our insurance agency. I'm up to my eye balls with medical deductibles right now and I just knew my hole was getting larger and larger. So I called Safelite and they're going to come on Saturday and fix it for a great price. I was willing to wait that long just to have it be less than my deductible.

Next issue, what to do without a car until Saturday? I called another dear friend of mine, Nancy. She and her husband are like parents to me as well. I have lunch with Nancy regularly and she's been a wonderful confidant for me. I treasure our friendship. They have three cars so they were the first people I called and they brought over a car for me to use within 10 minutes.

Even amidst all my crazy emotions I had another friend come over to pick me up to get the Bens and she listened to me sob all the way to the gym. God is good to have provided so many gracious people yesterday and today and even though I'd gladly give back the stitches and the broken glass I'm still thankful for God's provisions in my friends.

Let's really hope I have nothing exciting to post tomorrow.

0 comments: