CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Trip to San Angelo and Enchanted Rock

Mark Thomas getting silly before we even leave the cul-de-sac.

Ben playing cowboy in my Uncle Robbie's hat.

Ella ready to nap in her beauty mask.
She wears this thing all the time!

We stopped in Fredericksburg on our way to San Angelo. It's a beautiful little town that I can't wait to revisit with Mark sans children and hopefully some cash in my wallet. We stopped and walked around downtown and this quaint little park.

Ella found her name on a brick in the park.

Ben after climbing up a little embankment.

My T Tom.

Ella Clare

We also stopped at Enchanted Rock on our way home from San Angelo. Mark has restarted a local boy scout troop at our church and he had wanted to plan a trip here in January so the boys could earn their merit badge for rock climbing. Of course it was essential as a Scout Master to survey the local surroundings first! The boys had a great time climbing but Ella and I didn't have our climbing attire on so we just enjoyed the scenery.

Mark and I combined our Christmas money this year from our parents and splurged on a new camera. It's so great and I've already enjoyed the ability to shoot things I simply could not with my little point and shoot digital camera. I will not be starting my own photography business as it seems so many people are these days but I certainly could with the quality of photos the camera takes. I am anxious to take it to all the baseball games and to the pool when swim season starts to capture the kids in all their action.

But as you can see from below, my telephoto lens allows me to shoot things that are crazy far away. The boys climbed to the top of the easiest portion to scale and within 45 minutes went from bottom to top and back down again. This was my first time to use the lens and I was shocked at how far away I could still make out my 4 boys at the top. Enchanted Rock is 425 feet and Ella and I felt so far away from them but with this lens we could clearly see where they were in their descent. Can you see them??




This was their first litle climb along the journey to the top.
Racing to see who could get their first.


Ben is in the lead so far.


Yep, he got there first. He's been called our little monkey
since he was a toddler. Climbs everything.


They all made it!!

Ok, I know most of you are blown away that I've posted two days in a row since my track record had become so poor. I'm not promising posts everyday but I'd sure be thrilled to hit once a week. Especially with all the photos we've been taking lately with our fancy new camera.


0 comments: