CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Ash Wednesday

Yesterday was Ash Wednesday and we held a service at church. At dinner time we were all sitting at the table and Mark explained to the kids why we hold a service for Ash Wednesday and the symbolism behind the ashes. Later in the evening I headed out to church with 4 children in tow, not ever an easy feat. I suppose I should be used to it by now, but being married to a minister means my Sundays and special services are just not what they used to be. I feel thankful if I walk away having heard just a piece of the message.

Well, upon arrival we were handed dried palm branches from Palm Sunday last year and a piece of paper that we were to write down a confession or something we wanted to give to God. When it came time in the service to do that I wrote down what I wanted to say, Ben wrote down what he wanted to say, and then wrote down what Ella dictated to him she wanted to say and I then turned to MT, who was sitting on the other side of me. I said, "Do you want to write something on the paper?" and he said to me, with this goofy little grin, "Like being bad?" and I said, "You can write down whatever you want" and he said, "Can you give me a few choices?"

Just when my children totally exasperate me, they do something so amazingly cute. I know God's given me wonderful children and I try all the time to slow down and enjoy the little moments, just like everyone tells me to, because they'll be gone quickly, I know. But being a mother to 4 busy children under the age of 10 and hopefully one that we're praying will be on a plane tomorrow is certainly not an easy job. But they each love the Lord and Mark and I see in them all the time a better understanding of their faith and a desire to learn more.

2 comments:

laura said...

that sounds just like MT. praying that Allan is safely on the plane now. isn't it such a blessing to see the Lord working in the lives of our children?

Rick and Bev said...

A blast from the past has been enjoying the Keffer Crew Blog.
Can’t believe how the kids have grown. God has blessed you with four great kids. Rick and I think of you often, remembering the cute things they would say and do. We are so grateful that our paths crossed and hopefully will again some day.
We’ll continue to keep you in our prayers.