CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 17, 2008

It all ends at the airport

Entebbe International Airport
The runway we need Allan to be on

Last view of Lake Victoria
We have been unable to get Allan on a plane again today! The frustration is absolutely maddening. There was apparantly somone who wanted $200 from Jamil and I had only sent an $100 from the other money that was requested day before yesterday. He has explained to me that they pay fees at every entrance point in the airport and they won't tell you from one point to the next how much will be asked. He has assured me that it's $200 on one side of the gate and $200 on the other side. There were two soldiers who would not permit Allan to board today despite Jamil's pleas and assurances that he would return tomorrow with the additional $100.
I know to many of you including us at times, this sounds so unrealistic. We have been fortunate enough to have a new family worshipping with us at the church. Joseph and his wonderful wife, Tiffany and their two young children have been attending our church since early December. Joseph was raised in Cameroon and has been so helpful and encouraging to us along this journey. God has provided them to offer us validation of the corruption in Uganda. Joseph left Cameroon at 15 and encountered numerous delays along the way as well. And Tiffany told me this morning that when they were preparing to be married, it was very difficult to arrange transportation for Joseph's mother to travel to the states.
We are at a loss for discernment on what to do next. We simply cannot give up on Allan. But we also want to know that God is opening doors and not closing them. Please pray that Mark and I would have assurance that we are walking down the right path.

2 comments:

Kyla said...

Kim and crew,

Just know that I am praying for you and Allan and everything. I have a HUGE interest in Uganda through the Invisible Children organization that I'm involved in. (http://www.invisiblechildren.com) I am so amazed at your commitment to getting Allan to the US and helping one more child from Uganda.

I work with a guy from Uganda who is going over in July to visit with his dying mother. He is also looking into adopting 4 of his brother's kids (the brother and wife died from AIDS). I was telling him about your situation. He is interested in hearing about your process of adoption and such. I told him I would leave you a message to see what I can find out from you. Any info you could pass on would be great. (kshoemaker@tiu11.org)

Love,
Kyla Shoemaker

nak said...

Dear family,

Please, this is so not true, there are no fees to be paid at the airport at all. I live in Uganda and want to warn you this sounds completely wrong. We live here and have just obtained legal guardinaship over our little Noah, please get in touch if you need help, something is amiss here!! anneke.zuyderduin@gmail.com