CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 25, 2008

Hard day at work

I have been so blessed to have been given a wonderful job since we moved to Beaumont. Shortly after we moved here, it became apparent that I would need to get a job to help make ends meet. Mark and I had always desired for me to be at home while the kids were little and we successfully completed that goal. Ella goes to pre-school at the church and when she's done Mark picks her up and comes home to wait for the boys. I follow shortly after and we all have dinner together and then begin our nightly routines, of dinner, homework and extra acitivities.
I began looking in the paper the week before the kids were to start school here and saw an advertisement for an opening at a school supply store working in the invitation department. The computer programs listed were ones I had used since I was in high school and I have always designed my own invitations for the kids and my own parties. So, I thought, why not. Well, I went to interview and was hired on the spot. Manning's is a family owned business and Corrine, the owner, was very nice to listen to all of my concerns about starting to work after being home for 10 years. She assured me that they encouraged me to maintain that commitment and I was more than welcome to set my own hours. So work began. I really do like my job. It keeps my creativity flowing and I get to help people with some of the most major events in their lives, weddings, baptisms, birthdays, etc.
I have felt blessed ever since I began working in September. In November Corrine and Richard offered the use of their frequent flyer miles to purchase Allan's ticket and have consistently asked me for updates on him. So today, while working we got the news that Richard had died in his sleep. A complete shock to the entire store, some took it harder than others. I feel a deep sense of loss tonight for Corrine and their two grown children, whom I also know. They are an amazingly close family and the grief that is to follow will be palpable. Please keep them all in your prayers during this difficult time.

0 comments: