CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 20, 2008

Happy Birthday Mark

My Love

Handsome Hubby

Father of our children


It's Mark's birthday today! The big 3-5! He's a wonderful husband, father, son, friend and pastor. I'm always thankful that God brought us together all those years ago. I was attending college at Kansas State University and he was at the University of Pittsburgh. I went on a summer beach project with Campus Crusade for Christ in San Diego and one of my roommates was from the University of Alabama. One of Mark's high school buddies also attended the University of Alabama and after three years at Pitt Mark decided to transfer. He moved into a house with that same friend and several other guys. I had already visited the campus and was planning on transferring when I went down again for break in January. Mark had just moved in! My best friend's twin brother lived in the house Mark moved into so during a trip there one afternoon we met. I was instantly taken with his height and his good looks. This will so go to his head!

We began talking and over another trip to Tuscaloosa during my Spring Break we began dating. We would talk often and write letters a lot. That summer I was studying in Italy so he wrote me letters every day and I would rush back to the study center just to get that precious note. After returning back to Kansas that summer I flew to Pennsylvania and we both knew at that point we would be together the rest of our lives.

Mark proposed that fall and we were married that summer. The same weekend as my middle sister and her husband. What an event that was for the whole family. Those memories are treasured ones, often seeming like only yesterday but when we consider what's happened since then so much has transpired. We've lived in 5 different states and 8 different houses and have had 4 amazing children.

God knew what he was doing, winding a path with many curves along the way for the both of us to get to Alabama. I'm so glad he did! Mark is the love of my life and not a day goes by that I'm not thankful for the man he is. He's a father that is always there for his kids, attending games and volunterring in their schools, chaperoning field trips and singing songs on his guitar. The kids know that they're his #1 priority, all things come after family. He's a pastor that people relate to and enjoy being around. Seeking advice and comfort but also spending time doing non-pastor things, making him real just like the rest of us. Mark is the same man he was nearly 13 years ago when I met him and yet more of a man than I ever knew he'd be. I love you!

0 comments: