CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Last night of quiet

Tonight is my last night alone. Mark's parents come home tomorrow with the children. They've had a wonderful time at the beach. They called earlier tonight and said they went to eat dinner at Rain Forest Cafe and they got a volcano cake for Ella's birthday. Don't panic, her birthday isn't until the end of September, but being such wonderful grandparents as they are they wanted to celebrate early since they most likely will not be here with us then. So Pat said Ella played right along. Possible therapy later on but what the heck, right.

Mark Thomas told me he has collected a ton of sea shells and Max and Ben's responses are always no more than one word so I'm sure I'll get more out of then once they return home.

I've tried to get in some extra hours this week but really just longed to be at home surrounded by the lack of noise. Although I love my children dearly, the noise level can sometimes get to you. Both good noise and bad noise. Laughter and screaming sometimes at the end of the day it's hard to distinguish between the two when you're simply worn out.

Mark gets home tomorrow too. We're all excited about that! It's been really odd not having him here for the past two weeks. I dare to say it's gone by rather fast, but for him I know it has not. I have such a wonderful husband. Some husbands travel and work long hours and although they may miss home, don't give it much of a thought, but my husband truly loves to be nowhere else but at home. He was ready to head back home by the second day and has been counting down the minutes the last few days. He misses all of us and I can hear in his voice how ready he is to be back amongst the craziness. You have to love that about him! He's a great Dad and we'll celebrate him this weekend, and his return!

0 comments: